Colorado Humane Society
The Colorado Humane Society & SPCA assists the Colorado Bureau of Animal Protection and local law enforcement in the handling of animal abuse and neglect cases, including small companion animals and horses (not livestock). Areas of operation include numerous counties on the Eastern Plains of Colorado and several southern Colorado counties.
The Colorado Humane Society & SPCA is an independent, Colorado-based nonprofit organization not funded or managed by national advocacy groups or government agencies.
- To prevent cruelty and neglect of animals within the state of Colorado and elsewhere;
- To counsel, aid, and cooperate with other persons and agencies in the enforcement of laws relating to cruelty and neglect of animals within the state of Colorado and elsewhere;
- To educate the public on animal welfare issues by the dissemination of literature, by the use of media, and otherwise within the state of Colorado and elsewhere;
- To serve as advocates for the humane treatment of animals through the support of animal friendly legislation within the state of Colorado and elsewhere; and,
- To serve as a resource center for all individuals and groups interested in the prevention of cruelty and neglect of all animals within the state of Colorado and elsewhere.
View our Counties We Serve